DAGE 256

VIBES ARENA

10 Ways Technology Makes it Difficult to Enjoy the Olympics

By January 26, 2020

I quite often look at innovation as an improvement to my life. Be that as it may, once in a while it very well may be absolute irritating.

Take the Olympics for instance. On account of the time distinction among Indianapolis and Beijing, a considerable lot of the occasions have just been finished before they air on the U.S. systems. 20 years prior, this was certifiably not a serious deal. You simply ensured you didn't watch the news so you could imagine any occasion you were viewing was in reality live.

Quick forward to 2008. So as to not get the outcomes ruined for any occasion I am keen on watching I need to overlook the accompanying:

My iGoogle landing page which highlights top breaking reports like Michael Phelps breaking a world record and winning another gold decoration

Email news cautions from CNN.com, day by day morning news synopses and easygoing messages from companions who simply happen to make reference to "I can't accept the U.S. won the gold in the [insert occasion name here] occasion!" soon after discussing what their arrangements are for the forthcoming end of the week

Interpersonal organization postings from any of my companions on MySpace, Facebook, Plaxo, FriendFeed and about six others

Smaller scale blog refreshes from my Twitter companions on the web or in my TweetDeck customer

Instant messages on my cell phone, including programmed refreshes from my nearest Twitter companions (see above)

Texts from companions on Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo and Google Chat

RSS channels in my Google Reader loaded down with Olympic occasion spoilers

Work area gadgets on my PC continually showing the most recent news inclusion or most well known Digg things

News on any TV station not broadcasting Olympic inclusion

Vis-à-vis or phone discussions with anybody not doing any of the abovementioned

I'm a stalwart nerd. What do you think the chances are that I can overlook the above rundown during live Olympic occasions for the following two weeks?

You Might Also Like

0 comments